- Always keep a copy of your Data Dictionary (Downloaded to Excel).
- Do not change variable names or values of categorical field types once you begin collecting real data.
- Group variables together that follow the data entry work flow.
- Keep forms fairly short to minimize risk of data loss.
- Use categorical field types (yes/no, multiple choice, etc.) whenever possible.
- When using text fields, add field validation to minimize data entry errors.
- Involve a statistician early during the development of the database.
- Using the multi-page surveys feature will allow the participant to complete the survey in sections with each completed page uploading to REDCap.
- Enable the Save and Return later feature for large surveys.
- REDCap Home
- Start Here
- IRB Template
- Citing REDCap
- REDCap Training
- Open Office Hours
- Best Practices