Clinical trials to be featured on abc27 live program
Clinical trials are the topic if a live program “Clinical Trails: Research + You” on abc 27 at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 27. The program’s purpose is to educate the community on the clinical trial process and the importance of research to the Penn State community. Viewers are welcome to call the station and speak to a research expert during the show.
The show will feature two recorded stores and three live segments: Featured will be:
- Ethan, a muscular dystrophy patient who can walk on his own after starting a clinical trial at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- The Institute for Personalized Medicine and the future of medicine
- Terry Novchich, RN, BSN, CCRC, director, Clinical Trials Office, who will discuss general information about clinical trials
- Dr. Patricia Gordon, FAAP, FACMG, executive chair, Institutional Review Board and executive director, Human Subjects Protection Office, who will discuss safety and regulation of clinical trials
- Dr. Jennifer Kraschnewski, executive director, Penn State PRO Wellness, who will discus the importance of health volunteers.