Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Consultations
Innovative multidisciplinary research relies on innovative statistical methods to provide optimal solutions to problems. Penn State has biostatisticians, epidemiologists and methodologists with a diverse set of expertise located within several departments and centers at both the Hershey and University Park Campuses. BERD Consultations pool Penn State resources across campuses to offer training in biostatistical and epidemiological methodologies and assistance to investigators in study design, data management and analysis.
Consultations offered can include:
- Design and analysis strategies for research proposals
- Sample size and power calculations for research proposals
- Advice on the selection and implementation of appropriate statistical methods for research data
- Statistical review of grant proposals, protocols and manuscripts
- Advice on data management and REDCap database development for research studies
Consultations open to members of the Penn State community
Generally, no more than four hours of consultation is provided free of charge, after which the faculty or staff handling your project can discuss the billing rates for additional collaboration. See additional information at: http://app-phs.hmc.psu.edu/walkin2/forms/walkin_form.cfm
Interested in learning about topics and trends in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design? Attend the Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Seminar Series.