Community Sciences and Health Outcomes Consultations
Consultations offered include:
- linkage with established community networks
- access to healthcare providers and affiliate hospitals
- comprehensive information on 27 county catchment area
- analysis of secondary data sets
- recruitment and retention of diverse participants in cancer control studies
- cultural sensitivity
- measurement of health disparities
- preparing data for background sections of grant applications
Open to investigators.
Consultation is free to members of the Penn State Cancer Institute.
The Community Sciences and Health Outcomes (CSHO) is a centralized point of access that facilitates personalized and culturally sensitive cancer research in Central Pennsylvania. CSHO Core can assist investigators at any stage of a study, however, investigators are encouraged to contact the CSHO Core while in the planning stages of a study to allow expertise and resources to be strategically incorporated into study design, protocol development and method selection.