Regulatory and Ethics Consultations
Consultations may include:
- education and mentorship on the regulatory and ethical research
- considerations of the regulatory and ethics implications of a research project
- promotion of scholarship in ethical research
- obtaining informed consent
- address privacy issues in data driven research
- development of research questions related to specific regulatory or ethical concerns to incorporate in study design
Consultations open to members of the Penn State community.
Penn State’s Clinical and Translational Science Institute helps to facilitate the process by which novel research ideas are transformed into scientifically and ethically sound research study protocols that are in compliance with regulatory requirements. We involve both investigators and regulators into a partnership where values of efficiency, appropriate attention to ethical research conduct and regulatory compliance are continuously balanced.