New i2b2 Open Office Hours via Zoom Video Conferencing:
- Mondays, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 10 to 11 a.m.
Zoom Meeting, https://psu.zoom.us/j/951646808
From the i2b2 website: “i2b2 (Informatics for Integrating Biology and the Bedside) is an NIH-funded National Center for Biomedical Computing based at Partners HealthCare System. The i2b2 Center is developing a scalable informatics framework that will enable clinical researchers to use existing clinical data for discovery research and, when combined with IRB-approved genomic data, facilitate the design of targeted therapies for individual patients with diseases having genetic origins. This platform currently enjoys wide international adoption by the CTSA network, academic health centers, and industry. i2b2 is funded as a cooperative agreement with the National Institutes of Health.”
January 2018 i2b2 Updates
- I2b2 is now being populated by a new data warehouse Oracle Health Foundations. This data is a much richer dataset than the past data warehouse. For January, the data is starting for patient observations from 2011 to the present; it will go back to 1997 beginning with the February refresh.
- The Cancer Registry data has been dropped temporarily for January to address an issue with the data feed. It should be available with the February refresh.
- Dataset increased by 5x for ICD9 Procedures. This includes addition of ICD9 Procedure codes for the following encounter types: Clinic, Clinic Inpatient, Recurring, Retail Pharmacy and Emergency.
- For like data ranges, a small drop in patient counts may be seen. In some instances, the last data warehouse was double counting patients with multiple MRN numbers. The new data warehouse has corrected these duplications.
- For like data ranges, a small drop may be seen in provider counts. In some instances, the last data warehouse was double counting patients with providers that have multiple billing numbers. The new data warehouse has corrected these duplications.