New Features for REDCap LTS 7.0.x.
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed to support data capture for research studies. REDCap is maintained by the REDCap Consortium which is comprised of over 600 institutional partners including Penn State University.
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely
Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible
Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages
Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting
Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link
Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print
Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Advanced features
Auto-validation, calculated fields, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Data Security and Privacy:
- HIPAA compliant
- All data stored on a secure server, and encrypted
- Access to database requires user authentication with password
- Data access based on individual’s role on project
- Logging and audit trails on all data interactions
REDCap can remove identifiers from a dataset prior to exporting for analysis to create either a limited data set or a safe harbor data set. A safe harbor data set is the removal of the 18 pieces of information considered identifiers for the purposes of HIPAA compliance.
All investigators are encouraged to use REDCap for data capture. All pilot projects supported by CTSI funding are required to use REDCap for data capture or provide evidence to the Privacy Officer and Data Security Officer that the system to be used for data capture is HIPAA compliant.